The Muncie Arts and Culture Council, in collaboration with the City of Muncie, is pleased to announce it is accepting nominations for the 2017 Mayor’s Arts Awards. NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The Mayor’s Arts Awards recognize the contributions to the cultural community by city residents, artists, educators, organizations, and business leaders. The goal of this program is to help cultivate greater visibility and understanding of the value of the arts, as well as grow new leadership and new patrons of the arts.
Nominations are accepted through August 11, 2017. NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Nominations have been accepted in the following categories:
• Arts Advocate – an individual or organization whose strong support of the arts has been ongoing through philanthropic and/or volunteer service
• Arts Leader – an arts professional or organization who has demonstrated outstanding leadership, organizational stewardship and partnership within the local arts community
• Arts Educator – an individual whose achievements and contributions to arts education have been significant and far reaching
• Corporate Arts – a business/corporation that shows exemplary support of the arts, artists, and arts organizations within the Muncie area
• Artist in the Community – an individual artist (in any discipline) recognized for artistic excellence and singular efforts in contributing to Muncie’s cultural vitality
• Next Generation Artist – a working artist/craftsman (in any discipline) under the age of 40 who has demonstrated outstanding promise and commitment to the arts community
• Maker – a local, for-profit business owner who exemplifies the impact and vitality of Muncie’s creative economy
• Lifetime Achievement – an individual or organization recognized for significant and sustained contributions to the field of arts and culture in the Muncie area
Nominations will be reviewed and awardees selected by a panel of community members, including representatives from the arts and business worlds. Awardees will be honored at the Mayor’s Arts Award Reception on September 26, 2017 at Cornerstone Center for the Arts.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED